Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Flea Market!

While walking through a Flea Market, one gets a chill! Touching and feeling of the objects that belonged to someone now, still. You wonder who these people are and how there life was. Yes, and was this Wedding Band from a couple who was Really Deeply in love? You pick up an Old Doll and saw how worn out it was, thinking of all the hugs it got from a girl who had much love. Now there's a Record Player and I could here the sounds of it in my mind, and the dancing of the people and smiles they left behind. Yes, an Old Wash Board I saw next with the thoughts in my mind, of a women washing cloths for kids and her man she loved so fine! There was a Rabbit's Foot there, that was good luck for you. I'm telling you it's not good luck, He lost his foot that's true. There was a Certificate of Death, for a Man that died in the Civil War. It makes you wonder why he died and what was it all for! While heading out of the Flea Market and looking back at what I saw. I'm hoping all the lives I've dreamed were really not that poor. Yet , I thought about the things they had and who am I to say. They might have had not much like us but, love that will always stay.

by Marsha Neuschwanter

No comments: