Thursday, October 30, 2008

Great Thoughts of Mom & Dad!

While I'm sitting here and thinking, of the years being with my Dad. He tried to teach me to make bread. He was preparing it and Kneeding it and he had forgotten the flour for it. His hands are sticky with the dough on his hands. Then he realized he had no Flour for the rest of the Bread. He asked me to go to the store and get him some flour. I stood there smiling with the dough stuck to his hands. I went and got the flour and he made his bread. He put the dough on the table and said it had to rise. We got up the next day and bread did rise. He put it in the oven. When it came out it was such a great sight, I grabbed a Knife and ate it with pleasure. Then I decided to make a bread years later, without my Father telling me what to do. Now I use that bread for a Paper Weight! My rule is Make the Best of Everything. Like the saying. when you get a Lemon make lemonade. I'll never forget his laugh and the jokes he used to tell. It's nice to go back and remember what a great man he was!

My Mother was an all around handy person. She'd be there for anyone who needed help with anything. She repaired things all the time. She'd make rugs, cook, sew, wash, clean and repair. She made a costume for me for a Fashion Party I went to. She had only an hour to fix me up. She dragged out fringe, she puts shoe boxes on my feet and covers them with wrapping paper, now that's my shoes. Then she makes a hat with wire and fringe. The wire stuck up a flower and the fringe was drapped around the outside of the paper plate hat. My dress looked like a potate sack with a big bow on my butt. Then she said, now you're done. I'm thinking you're right about that and walked back to the party. This party was: Your Funny Outfit Fashions. Needless to say, guess who won for best costume. That's my Mom!

That's my Mom and Dad we laughed and had great fun!
They'll always be with me.
Until my life is done.

1 comment:

jane said...

your parents were such lovely people; you are blessed to have had such a nice family! They always made me feel so comfortable and welcome when I came to visit!
Like my own mom and dad, I know your mom and dad watch over you every day and are right with you!